Let's pretend for a minute we all live in the home of our dreams, have land, and don't have to work so time is unlimited! It's Spring planting season! What would you grow? A little veggie garden? A bed of bright spring blooms? Or is your thumb so far from green that the only thing you'd be planting is your tushy into a nice chair on the porch to get some knitting or crocheting done in the nice breeze?
Oh my my, that means I'm not in Las Vegas- Woo-hoo!! I like this idea!!
You would find me out and about in both a flower and veggie garden, but also on a porch swing relaxing with my crochet and enjoying life all around me. I never thought I had a green thumb and being out here it depends on what it is if I can make it grow or not, but I had great success a couple years ago in growing watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydews, eggplant for my DIL and tomatoes and peppers. Boy was I shocked after losing a bunch of bushes that are suppose to grow out here..lol Who would've guessed it! I haven't had much success with an Orange tree or Lemon tree, Lady likes to eat the blooms off them, but I'm gonna buy another one and teach her to leave it alone! I did cut my grape vine back so far as I didn't expect it to grow as I was gonna pull it out, but its been growing back so we'll see what happens. If I lived anywhere else in the world but here, I definitely would have me some dogwood trees, azaleas, lilacs for sure, they are a favorite of mine...actually any "normal", "real" regular growing flowering plant would be in my garden.
I will be making a section I have blocked up some as a memory garden. I either have to move my grape vine or work around it..lol That marked area will have roses as those are the only plants I seem to have luck with out this way, but I'm gonna try again with some veggie and fruits. I'll have to do the container gardening and plant less in one container..learn well from the first time :) If I ever get it together here soon I'll take pic when things start growing.
I sure hope we all live near one another too so we can share our gardens!
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
| Your Birthdate: June 9 |
![]() |
What Mary Means
| What Mary Means |
![]() |
| You Are a Banana |
![]() |
What Type Of Coffee Are You?
| You are a Black Coffee |
![]() |
![]() |
Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego? created with QuizFarm.com
| You scored as Goofy,Your alter ego is Goofy! You are fun and great to be around, and you are always willing to help others. You arn't worried about embarrassing yourself, so you are one who is more willing to try new things. |









6 comments:
Ooh that sounds nice :D One of the things I miss about renting even a house over being in an apartment is the ability to grow anything - I'm not spectacular about it, but my daddy always had gorgeous flowers going for my mom, so I enjoyed planting some too.
Don't feel bad, I've had a heck of a time getting anything to grow in this darn sand here!!! UGH! So different from the red clay I grew up around!
Be glad you don't live next to me. My "black thumb" would probably infect everything within a 10 mile radius. LOL Plants shudder when I walk by.
Eggplant and canteloupe?! I wanna' live next door to you!
Container gardening is my thing these days. :-) I think plants and flowers have a mind of their own...they grow if and when they feel like it. I am surprised at what is supposed to be hardy/sun/drought/tolerant around here, too turns out to be, not so much.
Sounds lovely
Post a Comment