Monday, April 14, 2008

Goodies & Bad Influences!

First the Goodies....
I want to Thank Paula (Thank you), from over at Dogs on Thursday! What a great package to come home too and even Lady got in the act!
The mailman brought some goodies for doggie, kitty & humans!
Lady send her Thanks too, she loved the chicken strips, but buried the bone..lol guess she's saving it for later. (having a hard time with her eating bones lately). I know Dyna will love the cat nip, but I'll have to make her some more toys to put it in as Lady chewed up most of them when she was a pup. I never did replace them as Lady thinks they belong to her....silly pup!
Us humans Thank you too for the Truffles. I know they are yummy!! I forgot to put the card in the pic, but its a beautiful card with a lot of feeling, one that has touched my heart! Thank you so much Paula for everything and make sure you give Elise lots of special hugs from us & Lady..actually a few bites on the tip of the ear will work from Lady..lol Seems to be her way.
I also want to Thank Nancy & Reggae too as she sent two cards that really hit my stars post. They both are night time sky with outlines of the animal in stars. One is a dog, other is a cat. I've always watched the heavens for stars at night and do still sometimes wish on them. I have several stars that I look up at night when I can. I like to think each of my stars (family or pet members) are up their watching over me so these two cards really touched my heart also.

Thank you also to everyone who has helped us through with thoughts, prayers and good vibes and wishes. We really appreciate them all and it has helped tremendously. I just can't get over how much love & kindness comes through this computer from all my blogger friends..Thank you all so very much!


Now to the bad influences...and I think you know who you are (wink wink)
Look what else came in the mail today...I've always had a curiousity for it and almost learned it back in the late 80's, but wound up learning to weave instead. Isn't it pretty?
My brain must be fried from my busy day today at work cause I couldn't understand a thing I read...lol (I haven't had too much concentration lately) I have not the slightest clue what kind of spindle or what to even do with it other than to spin it like a top..lol Its got my curiosity and I loved the purples/blues fiber it had, (pic doesn't do the color justice at all) and yep, that why I bought that one, for the color fiber..lol Maybe tomorrow will be a better day to look over the instructions again :) I'll have to watch out for this piece, I think Dyna would take a liking to it especially once it starts moving..lol Believe me, I'll let you all know how it goes, unless I have to put out a cry for help...lol

10 comments:

Criquette said...

What a beautiful idea about all of *your stars* in the sky. I hope it brings you lots of comfort.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is very wonderful. Lady is sure enjoying herself!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful package! Lady definitely seems interested in it. :-)

And I have no idea who you're "wink-winking" at. Bad influences...pfft. ;-) Although, a good friend of mine says, "If you can't be a good influence, be one hell of a warning." ROTFL

And I think you better keep your eye on Lady, not Dyna. That spindle looks like a good chew toy! lol

Anonymous said...

Hey........... Today craft is very profitable business in world. But for this I have information about global craft manufacturers and suppliers.

NH Knitting Mama said...

Jessi's comment is so funny. I love that girl!

Mary, I'm glad you're getting some comfort from the online community. I know I did last month. I hope you continue to feel more at peace. ((HUGS))

SissySees said...

What a pretty spindle. Looks familiar... ;)

I'm glad you're getting spoiled and supported. You're so good about reaching out to everyone else!

Lapdog Creations said...

OK... so was I the only one to actually put the swap requirements in a basket as Paula said to do in the swap details??? LOL

Anita said...

Lady is looking good, I'm glad she got excited about the package! Has she cheered up any?

Bad influences... I have no idea what you are talking about! LOL

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

Oh no! you're going to be a spinner too!!! I want more time in my life for fun things! It does look like fun.
You're welcome for the cards. :-)

jopal said...

Good luck with your spinning! I am afraid to try because it will be more things to stash!!

Your Birthdate: June 9
You are a born idealist, with more pet causes than you can count. You prefer be around others, both when working and while relaxing. Generous and giving, you believe you can change the world one person at a time. You're open minded and tolerant. People feel like they can tell you anything. Your strength: Your go-with-the-flow flexibility Your weakness: Your flair for the over dramatic Your power color: Pine green Your power symbol: Circle Your power month: September

What Mary Means

What Mary Means
You are confident, self assured, and capable. You are not easily intimidated. You master any and all skills easily. You don't have to work hard for what you want. You make your life out to be exactly how you want it. And you'll knock down anyone who gets in your way! You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection. You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive. You have the classic "Type A" personality. You are wild, crazy, and a huge rebel. You're always up to something. You have a ton of energy, and most people can't handle you. You're very intense. You definitely are a handful, and you're likely to get in trouble. But your kind of trouble is a lot of fun. You are a free spirit, and you resent anyone who tries to fence you in. You are unpredictable, adventurous, and always a little surprising. You may miss out by not settling down, but you're too busy having fun to care.
What dog breed are you? I'm a Labrador Retriever! Find out at Dogster.com
You Are a Banana
You are mellow, easy going, and a total softie on the inside. People find it really easy to get along with you. You suit most tastes. And while you're very sweet, you're not boring or ordinary. You have an attraction to the exotic, and you could show up anywhere... doing almost anything! You are spirited, energetic, and a total kick to be around. You're also quite funny. Your sense of humor is on the goofy side, and it fits you well.

What Type Of Coffee Are You?

You are a Black Coffee
At your best, you are: low maintenance, friendly, and adaptable At your worst, you are: cheap and angsty You drink coffee when: you can get your hands on it Your caffeine addiction level: high

Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego? created with QuizFarm.com

You scored as Goofy,Your alter ego is Goofy! You are fun and great to be around, and you are always willing to help others. You arn't worried about embarrassing yourself, so you are one who is more willing to try new things.
Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego? created with QuizFarm.com