Sunday, August 12, 2007

As Promised!

Well I did it! I made for the first time- Ginger Orange Scones! I have to tell you this all stems from our Tea Swap and an answer I left on one of the questions on my questionaire about not knowing what scones were and never had one, well...if you read any of the comments you would see one from Roni saying that we need to fix that right now..and she did! Roni sent me in an email a recipe for the Ginger Orange Scones with variation for Lemon Scones. After a few emails and not knowing about some of the ingredients, Roni took no chance and sent me the 2 hardest to find and I was to "Promise" to make, bake & post them when done. Well here they are with all my kitchen mess..lol It was fun not knowing what to do and not being able to find my food processor, but I did it with what I had. Well I sure hope these turned out right. They are Yummy too! Even Mike and visiting son # 2 tried and liked them, (we ate the one casualty, why theres only 7 showing), so now we will be making the Lemon Scones on Tuesday :) My Thank you to Roni for being such a kind & generous person and good friend! I owe you Roni! Thank you! So now, did these turn out right? Is it okay to cut them down in size alittle more? Love to hear comments on this :)

11 comments:

The Knith Degree said...

Oh they look so good!You can make them smaller. When I make them, I actually divide the dough in two and make smaller ones: Just perfect for a tea party! I hope you enjoyed them! It was fun making a virtual recipe with you! Glad you made them and that those ingredients helped! Love, Roni

Michelle said...

Those look so yummy!

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

They look good! I had a recipe for blueberry scones made with whole wheat flour I made them once, but used 1/2 white and 1/2 whole wheat flour, they were really good. Wish I could find that recipe...

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Yum, yum! hey, don't forget to see your award on my blog!

Devonshire said...

Those look delicious! Too bad there is no smell vision via the internet!

Love scones....perfect with tea.

Jane's Designs said...

Those look so good. Save one for me.

NH Knitting Mama said...

Hmmmmm, looks delicious. That and some coffee and I'm in heaven.

Carrie Penny said...

MMMMMMMMMM, my fav scones!!!

SissySees said...

Oh, yum... Back to wanting scratch and sniff monitors...

Shawnee said...

These look totally yummy - I'm headed for Vegas!!!

Miss ya, gal - hope you're having a great summer.

Jane said...

mmm mmm - sure look good! I've been wanting to try making scones, you have inspired me!

Your Birthdate: June 9
You are a born idealist, with more pet causes than you can count. You prefer be around others, both when working and while relaxing. Generous and giving, you believe you can change the world one person at a time. You're open minded and tolerant. People feel like they can tell you anything. Your strength: Your go-with-the-flow flexibility Your weakness: Your flair for the over dramatic Your power color: Pine green Your power symbol: Circle Your power month: September

What Mary Means

What Mary Means
You are confident, self assured, and capable. You are not easily intimidated. You master any and all skills easily. You don't have to work hard for what you want. You make your life out to be exactly how you want it. And you'll knock down anyone who gets in your way! You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection. You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive. You have the classic "Type A" personality. You are wild, crazy, and a huge rebel. You're always up to something. You have a ton of energy, and most people can't handle you. You're very intense. You definitely are a handful, and you're likely to get in trouble. But your kind of trouble is a lot of fun. You are a free spirit, and you resent anyone who tries to fence you in. You are unpredictable, adventurous, and always a little surprising. You may miss out by not settling down, but you're too busy having fun to care.
What dog breed are you? I'm a Labrador Retriever! Find out at Dogster.com
You Are a Banana
You are mellow, easy going, and a total softie on the inside. People find it really easy to get along with you. You suit most tastes. And while you're very sweet, you're not boring or ordinary. You have an attraction to the exotic, and you could show up anywhere... doing almost anything! You are spirited, energetic, and a total kick to be around. You're also quite funny. Your sense of humor is on the goofy side, and it fits you well.

What Type Of Coffee Are You?

You are a Black Coffee
At your best, you are: low maintenance, friendly, and adaptable At your worst, you are: cheap and angsty You drink coffee when: you can get your hands on it Your caffeine addiction level: high

Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego? created with QuizFarm.com

You scored as Goofy,Your alter ego is Goofy! You are fun and great to be around, and you are always willing to help others. You arn't worried about embarrassing yourself, so you are one who is more willing to try new things.
Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego? created with QuizFarm.com