Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Finished Knitted Dishcloth

Thank you Chan for this really cute pattern (back during my B-day) which was the inspiration for me making it...after all, I do bowl 3 nights a week in different leagues. Well I got the dishcloth knitted, but its hard to tell what it is..lol I guess I didn't do as good this time. Its only the second thing I've knitted and I really think my first cloth turned out better then this one did. :(
I had a lot of problems with this cotton splitting on me and I know I messed up a couple stitches, but Oh this is horrible!! I think I am gonna have to redo this later on and with a different cotton. I was really hoping it would've turned out like the picture on the pattern, but afraid to say it did not. The other pic is my new bowling ball (from our Fri. nite league, 9 pin No-Tap) At least its pretty...lol and it sure does smell good!!! Yep, the Storm Balls all have a scent and this one smells like Cherries!!! Hummmmmmm Yummy smelling Cherries!! lol Now just have to get it drilled and I'm set for Winter league...which I will then only have 1 night a week.
Sorry the knit cloth didn't turn out but when I redo it I will post a pic...hummm, don't think I'll be rushing into socks anytime soon..lol

11 comments:

SissySees said...

Okay, it's time for the lecture Anne gave me a while back. That's really not so bad! Don't be so hard on yourself. You're very much still learning, and it look fine, even when I click on it and see it up close. I can see the pattern, and I know what it should look like, and it does!

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

I'm going to send you a picture of my first cloth when I get home tonite if i remember. It was not good. I'm embarrassed I sent it to the yahoo group for my JIC. YOU DID GOOD! really. You knitted, you purled, so what if your stitches are a little loose? I can tell what it is. One hint--what size needles did you use? I know for "picture" cloths, I use #6 when the pattern asks for a 7. I knit loose with cotton.

NH Knitting Mama said...

I used to bowl, too. I LOVE it, and come to think of it, don't know why I haven't gotten back into it. I do candlepin, though.

Devonshire said...

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. I really like how it turned out. Perhaps if you do knit it again you can use a different color for the pins so they pop! I too have trouble with cotton sometimes - splitting and such. You are still learning and you are doing great!

jopal said...

I think it looks great! Cotton yarn can be spitty.
Wait until you work with some dreamy soft yarns!

jopal said...

Of course you know I should have said Splitty not spitty! Shouldn't blog when tired!

Anonymous said...

Yup, I'm with chan - it does not look 'terrible'. Picture cloths are not easy to always see things, but I could see it and I DIDNT know what it was. And I also agree on the use a smaller needle than recommended - that helps on the ones with pictures in em for me also, and I try to knit especially tight.

Glad to see you got a great package too!

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

OH! I forgot to mention...nice ball! LOL.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That bowling ball is so cool! Sorry about the knitting problems! how frustrating!

KnittyKatz said...

At least Jopal didn't say the other "S" word which is the mistake I might have made when I was tired :-) Sweetie, you done good! I LIKE it. Now I hope you baked your scones!

Gina said...

Hey! I think you did a great job on the knitted dishcloth! For only the second thing you've ever knitted, you followed a pattern and everything. COOL!

Your Birthdate: June 9
You are a born idealist, with more pet causes than you can count. You prefer be around others, both when working and while relaxing. Generous and giving, you believe you can change the world one person at a time. You're open minded and tolerant. People feel like they can tell you anything. Your strength: Your go-with-the-flow flexibility Your weakness: Your flair for the over dramatic Your power color: Pine green Your power symbol: Circle Your power month: September

What Mary Means

What Mary Means
You are confident, self assured, and capable. You are not easily intimidated. You master any and all skills easily. You don't have to work hard for what you want. You make your life out to be exactly how you want it. And you'll knock down anyone who gets in your way! You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection. You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive. You have the classic "Type A" personality. You are wild, crazy, and a huge rebel. You're always up to something. You have a ton of energy, and most people can't handle you. You're very intense. You definitely are a handful, and you're likely to get in trouble. But your kind of trouble is a lot of fun. You are a free spirit, and you resent anyone who tries to fence you in. You are unpredictable, adventurous, and always a little surprising. You may miss out by not settling down, but you're too busy having fun to care.
What dog breed are you? I'm a Labrador Retriever! Find out at Dogster.com
You Are a Banana
You are mellow, easy going, and a total softie on the inside. People find it really easy to get along with you. You suit most tastes. And while you're very sweet, you're not boring or ordinary. You have an attraction to the exotic, and you could show up anywhere... doing almost anything! You are spirited, energetic, and a total kick to be around. You're also quite funny. Your sense of humor is on the goofy side, and it fits you well.

What Type Of Coffee Are You?

You are a Black Coffee
At your best, you are: low maintenance, friendly, and adaptable At your worst, you are: cheap and angsty You drink coffee when: you can get your hands on it Your caffeine addiction level: high

Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego? created with QuizFarm.com

You scored as Goofy,Your alter ego is Goofy! You are fun and great to be around, and you are always willing to help others. You arn't worried about embarrassing yourself, so you are one who is more willing to try new things.
Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego? created with QuizFarm.com