Wednesday, November 7, 2007

What I've Been Up To

Whew, finally got a few minutes to sit and relax a bit this morning. Some of what I've been up too (crochet wise) is down below.
As some of you know I quit work last week (Oct 31) and boy it sure feels good and now I know there was a reason for it. This is one of my girls, Storm, who I usually call Stormers..(this pic is from last year, so she still has her meat on her, I just couldn't show you how bad her ribs are showing now)
Last Thursday, my first day home and after taking both dogs to the vets for updated shots (yes, we were behind) and to find out why Storm was so skinny and drinking like she was a fish. Well, we found out Storm is diabetic, so she didn't get her updated shots, she's been getting tests instead...so we've been back and forth every 3 days to visit Doc McAllister (their being great up there spreading the days out to make it alittle esier on our pockets). We just had the insulin dosage pushed up yesterday a few more cc's as her glucose is still to high. Poor thing hates the ride in the car, let alone what they do to her at the vets, she is my very nervous Nellie and shakes so bad, but she's been doing really good and we're staying hopeful. I"m hoping a dosage soon will work out for her cause with one less paycheck its getting hard. Then leaving Lady at home is becoming hard also, she cries cause she wants to go too...lol We'll see how she is on Friday..Lady has to go with us then as she needs her nails clipped and she just will not let us do it.
So when I'm not at the vets I have been cleaning, trying to organize and going through everything here at home, kinda one room at a time. Things that I never had the real time to do before. Their is some crochet time, like this morning waiting for the shot hour to come up..I made a couple of these
for my Etsy store. Cute Dress Corner Bookmarks...

I want to swap the colors around for the next two I do (there is a green one to)..Also hoping to pick some ribbon up this weekend if I can so I can finish my dog bone stockings. Yes, I'm trying to get ready for all the swaps going on and Christmas is definitely on my mind..kinda hard not too when Mike & Rob have been so busy setting, building and what have you for the Polar Express that goes around our living room wall. :) Hope that gets alittle more done this weekend too, just so I can get some of the box's out of the living room. I will definitely post that when its time and we'll have a video of it too.

Oh I also finished my FFBE bag...Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I really was beginning to think I was jinxed with that bag, everytime I would want to work on it something else would happen that I couldn't..lol It is on its way now to ...only one state over from me but I can't say just yet, just in case. :) I just really hope she likes it and can use it still.

Well I gotta get off here, get back to doing the things I wanted to get done today...Hope you all enjoy the rest of the week! Happy Crafting!! C-ya in the swaps!

9 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

I hope they get Storm feeling better soon! Poor thing.

You'll have to take pictures of the Polar Express when they get it finished. :-)

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I will be praying for Storm and I will add her to my prayer list. That is a cute bookmark too!

DaCraftyLady said...

congrats on quitting the job, ien't it wonderful to have time at home? I love it...

NH Knitting Mama said...

Everything happens for a reason, doesn't it? I work in a diabetes clinic, and people are just as nervous as the pup, believe me.

SissySees said...

You know we're sending happy thoughts your way! Keep us posted on Storm.

Love the corner bookmark.

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

I hope Storm's glucose levels get lower. I'm thinking good thoughts. Those bookmarks are precious! :-) I'm envious of your "retirement" LOL

jopal said...

Poor Storm. It is hard enough for a human who understands what is happening - it must be so scary for him!

Shawnee said...

Wow, glad you'll be home now. What a change. I'm jealous for your crocheting time, and wish you best of luck on Etsy. Hugs!!

Donna said...

Best wishes to Storm for a quick recovery. He is a beauty, looks like a "Snow Storm". I love your corner book marks, so I will be visiting your store!

Your Birthdate: June 9
You are a born idealist, with more pet causes than you can count. You prefer be around others, both when working and while relaxing. Generous and giving, you believe you can change the world one person at a time. You're open minded and tolerant. People feel like they can tell you anything. Your strength: Your go-with-the-flow flexibility Your weakness: Your flair for the over dramatic Your power color: Pine green Your power symbol: Circle Your power month: September

What Mary Means

What Mary Means
You are confident, self assured, and capable. You are not easily intimidated. You master any and all skills easily. You don't have to work hard for what you want. You make your life out to be exactly how you want it. And you'll knock down anyone who gets in your way! You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection. You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive. You have the classic "Type A" personality. You are wild, crazy, and a huge rebel. You're always up to something. You have a ton of energy, and most people can't handle you. You're very intense. You definitely are a handful, and you're likely to get in trouble. But your kind of trouble is a lot of fun. You are a free spirit, and you resent anyone who tries to fence you in. You are unpredictable, adventurous, and always a little surprising. You may miss out by not settling down, but you're too busy having fun to care.
What dog breed are you? I'm a Labrador Retriever! Find out at Dogster.com
You Are a Banana
You are mellow, easy going, and a total softie on the inside. People find it really easy to get along with you. You suit most tastes. And while you're very sweet, you're not boring or ordinary. You have an attraction to the exotic, and you could show up anywhere... doing almost anything! You are spirited, energetic, and a total kick to be around. You're also quite funny. Your sense of humor is on the goofy side, and it fits you well.

What Type Of Coffee Are You?

You are a Black Coffee
At your best, you are: low maintenance, friendly, and adaptable At your worst, you are: cheap and angsty You drink coffee when: you can get your hands on it Your caffeine addiction level: high

Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego? created with QuizFarm.com

You scored as Goofy,Your alter ego is Goofy! You are fun and great to be around, and you are always willing to help others. You arn't worried about embarrassing yourself, so you are one who is more willing to try new things.
Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego? created with QuizFarm.com