Sunday, November 11, 2007

My FFBE Pal Got her Bag!

I know its late, but I had some problems, but I did get my bag out and just got word my pal received her bag. My pal was Karen R of ABC's of Creative Pursuits. I really thought I had it made as she mentioned she had gotten a new laptop and I had just gotten the new book, so I had the perfect bag to make for her. Even the colors are the same except for one I changed (I didn't like the mustard yellow straps so I made it purple) :) Couldn't go wrong with purple and green!
So now that Karen has her new bag, which I hope she really likes and can use, I can now show it off as I had several people anxious to see....so here it is
This took quite a bit to felt up, though the pocket over felted and I couldn't add it in without ruining the bag. Sure hope Karen doesn't mind, but if she wants to line it for pocket use she has my blessings :) Here are some of the goodies I sent along with...
This bag pattern came out of "Crocheted Pursenalitites" and was titled Career Casual. Yarn is what they called for and that was Cascade 220 in 8885 purple and 9447 green and part of the main body was using the green and Aurora Noro (purple colorway) I do love the sparkle that Aurora gave to the bag and it was nothing like regular Noro I worked with before. I'm glad I decided to buy 1 skein extra of each as the only thing I have extra is 1 of the Aurora Noro and a small tiny ball amount of green so I've decided for every pattern I ever do next, I'm buying extra cause as you know I usually have to order online!
I definitely had fun with this exchange and I sure hope Karen didn't mind me being a pest...lol she was quiet for awhile but I kept pestering.. I always meant well!

For those who keep updated with me about Storm, she is still way off the scale on glucose so they've upped the dosage again and we go back Tues. I'm really starting to get discouraged on this, but I'm hanging in there with Thanks to my friends!!

Well, off I go so I can make some stuffed Christmas tree's I'm behind on for putting up in my Etsy store, but I did add a couple sock size stitch marker/row counter sets this morning. Still working on the snowflakes ones though, but will have them up soon. Thanks to you all who visit and read my ramblings and visit my store..thats what keeps me going!!
Have a great Sunday and I hope everyone has a great week ahead!!

5 comments:

km said...

I wondered what the crochet pursenalities had to offer. I love my Pursenalities book. And I loved the bag MissMe made from Pursenalities Plus. I've never used the exact colors suggested though. Yours looks great. I'm sure Karen was thrilled. I'll say a prayer for your furry friend.

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

I love that lap top bag, and hope Karen likes it too. Good vibes continue for storm.

SissySees said...

Fred always sent healing drool when other dogs were sick. Mugsy sends sweet cuddles, I guess. Hopefully Tuesday's report will be a good one.

NH Knitting Mama said...

Great bag! I enjoy your "ramblings"... that keeps ME going!

jopal said...

Love the bag! Looks like your partner was really spoiled by you!
Hope Storm gets stabilzed soon! Must be so acary for him! (AND YOU)

Your Birthdate: June 9
You are a born idealist, with more pet causes than you can count. You prefer be around others, both when working and while relaxing. Generous and giving, you believe you can change the world one person at a time. You're open minded and tolerant. People feel like they can tell you anything. Your strength: Your go-with-the-flow flexibility Your weakness: Your flair for the over dramatic Your power color: Pine green Your power symbol: Circle Your power month: September

What Mary Means

What Mary Means
You are confident, self assured, and capable. You are not easily intimidated. You master any and all skills easily. You don't have to work hard for what you want. You make your life out to be exactly how you want it. And you'll knock down anyone who gets in your way! You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection. You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive. You have the classic "Type A" personality. You are wild, crazy, and a huge rebel. You're always up to something. You have a ton of energy, and most people can't handle you. You're very intense. You definitely are a handful, and you're likely to get in trouble. But your kind of trouble is a lot of fun. You are a free spirit, and you resent anyone who tries to fence you in. You are unpredictable, adventurous, and always a little surprising. You may miss out by not settling down, but you're too busy having fun to care.
What dog breed are you? I'm a Labrador Retriever! Find out at Dogster.com
You Are a Banana
You are mellow, easy going, and a total softie on the inside. People find it really easy to get along with you. You suit most tastes. And while you're very sweet, you're not boring or ordinary. You have an attraction to the exotic, and you could show up anywhere... doing almost anything! You are spirited, energetic, and a total kick to be around. You're also quite funny. Your sense of humor is on the goofy side, and it fits you well.

What Type Of Coffee Are You?

You are a Black Coffee
At your best, you are: low maintenance, friendly, and adaptable At your worst, you are: cheap and angsty You drink coffee when: you can get your hands on it Your caffeine addiction level: high

Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego? created with QuizFarm.com

You scored as Goofy,Your alter ego is Goofy! You are fun and great to be around, and you are always willing to help others. You arn't worried about embarrassing yourself, so you are one who is more willing to try new things.
Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego? created with QuizFarm.com