Well now that dinner is over with I'm here to say "THANK YOU", thank you, thank you to everyone for all the thoughts, wishes and lots of drool for Storm. It sure is appreciated!
We left the vet tonight with an actual glucose reading. Still little high, but she came in at 390. They said when this all started that she started way over 600 (it wouldn't even read on their machine), then dropped to over 500 (still little off their machine readings), then 460 and now 390. They want us to up her insulin dosage another 2 cc's so that will put her at 15 cc's twice a day. I know that part she hates and they says she'll get use to it, but they don't know my Stormy girl...lol Rob snuck up on her this morning at shot time...lol She didn't even know what hit her :)
The good news for mom's pocketbook is that we can do a weekly visit instead of twice a week! WOO-HOO!! That's a sign to me that we are on our way to the lower numbers and I know it was from all the good vibes! They said a normal dog that isn't diabetic runs around 100-120 and a dog that is diabetic runs around 150-200 so we are getting there. :) I was really surprised at all this informatin they all of a sudden offered, but I'm sure glad, maybe I can relax a little bit now :) love the power of prayers!! Thank you all!!
Sure hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
| Your Birthdate: June 9 |
![]() |
What Mary Means
| What Mary Means |
![]() |
| You Are a Banana |
![]() |
What Type Of Coffee Are You?
| You are a Black Coffee |
![]() |
![]() |
Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego? created with QuizFarm.com
| You scored as Goofy,Your alter ego is Goofy! You are fun and great to be around, and you are always willing to help others. You arn't worried about embarrassing yourself, so you are one who is more willing to try new things. |









4 comments:
Hooray! Believe it or not, she will get used to it. Mugsy's been on allergy pills all summer, and bless his heart, he'll lick it off the floor if it slips off his treat. He makes a terrible face and rushes for a drink of water...
Give Storm a smooch on the nose for me!
Strange... I didn't realize that a dog's blood sugars should run the same level as a human's. Interesting.
Glad that you won't have to go to the vet as much. We have a cat with a few ailements, and it gets quite costly!
OH so wonderful to hear good news about Storm. I thought I heard a sigh of relief all the way out here. I'm still sending vibes. This post made me all teary.
Oh boy I am so glad she is doing better!
Post a Comment