Friday, November 2, 2007

FFBE & Contest Prize!

What a great day it was Thursday! First of all I was home :) Second of all the mailman brought me not 1, but 2 packages!!! Unfortunately only had enough time to email my package senders to let them know their packages were here cause I had to go bowling :) But WOW, did I get lots of goodies!!

We'll start with my contest winning from Anne..you all remember the dishcloth pattern Anne wrote up and had a contest for...well my dishcloth was a little off but I did do it and Thanks to Anne & Cleo my name was drawn and here's my goodies I received along with a really nice note... THANK YOU so much Anne and Cleo too!!
Here's a close up of the gorgeous yarn!!! Blue Sky Alpaca Dyed Cotton in my favorite color purple :) Boy is this SOFT!!!! WOW! Definitely cannot wait to make something with this :) I love the Calendar Mouse pad too, now maybe I won't get my days all mixed up, I'm a non working gal again..lol The "Rose" packet smells really great too! I was real surprised, it wasn't overpowering like some usually are and I know just what to make with it... I love it all Anne, Thank you so much!!! (I do hope to remake your pattern and do better at it this time)


Second..my Fall Felted Bag arrived!!! Boy my partner had me going and wondering and it really helped me out alot!! Thank you Laurie D!!! I had no idea, even with little clues she left, but she always wrote anonymously and always answered back :) I really had fun with this exchange and I LOVE my bag and all the goodies!!! THANK YOU!!!!! (I'll try to get a better pic to send to you)

I really don't know were to start there was so much put into this package :) Most everything was packaged in tissue paper and wrapped so pretty! I do know one thing..I have to learn to KNIT SOCKS!!!
You see whats in that picture don't you..lol (socks book) and a size dpns I don't have, Thanks Laurie :) Oh my gosh, there are baa baa tissue pack, yarn cutter (that I just may wear as a necklace as I'm always forgetting my scissors), a really cute knit card that she couldn't write in..lol, a bar of vanilla bean soap (that even Mike sniffed at), the pattern of the bag she made without her changes :),









Then there's Soxx cotton in a really pretty color striping, some Moose Munch that had me laughing when I first read that..lol I love Gingerbread so can't wait to try it, yep, never have had anything like that. I don't know where she found it, but that's a cute little doggie tape measure and the pull out is bone shaped :) (yes I pulled it out a few time to make sure it didn't bark or something..lol) and something that really has my curiosity as I would never even think you could eat this but that's a dark chocolate, lavender and blueberry bar! All organic and has my mouth watering so that may disappear this afternoon sometime :)
And last but not least the Fabulous bag! Oh, the colors in this are beautiful and I forgot to take a pic of the lining (as its just as beautiful), but Laurie did a fabulous job and the colors match the colors of the yarn she used! I just love this bag!! This is just the right size too Laurie, so don't sweat thinking it too long... its not, just right for me (I'm tall)!! I only wish I could knit something like this...I love the tasseling part around the top of the bag too..this is going to be my new carrying bag :) And I also love the table runner (gosh this is alittle enbarrissing cause it could be a shawl too, I'm just not sure :)) My family even commented on how Beautiful it is!! We all think its a table runner, so please don't be offended if we're wrong :) Absolutely lovely package and I Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I really enjoyed having you as my spoiler, your emails seem to come just when needed and always so full of excitement and wonder! I'm really glad you had a good time too!! Hope we can stay in touch!!!
Well I'm off to change out bags. I hope everyone has a Super Friday and a Fabulous weekend!!
Happy November!!

6 comments:

Judy B said...

wow Mary you really had a great spoiler that is a super package and I love the bag,I know you will enjoy it.Let me know how you come along with the socks.lol One day I will learn that to.
Love ya

Carrie Penny said...

WOW!!! Amazing gifties! Don't worry about socks, they are a lot of fun to knit!!!!

jopal said...

Love your new bag! Great colors! What a great package. Knitting socks isn't that bad - just take it one row at a time!

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

Wow...what a great contest prize, and a super FFBE package. Lucky you! I love the bag.

SissySees said...

GREAT bag!! Heck, it's all great, but I know you must love the bag.

Devonshire said...

Awesome bag! Lovely gifts and prizes as well. You are one lucky, deserving lady!!! Hope you are well!

Your Birthdate: June 9
You are a born idealist, with more pet causes than you can count. You prefer be around others, both when working and while relaxing. Generous and giving, you believe you can change the world one person at a time. You're open minded and tolerant. People feel like they can tell you anything. Your strength: Your go-with-the-flow flexibility Your weakness: Your flair for the over dramatic Your power color: Pine green Your power symbol: Circle Your power month: September

What Mary Means

What Mary Means
You are confident, self assured, and capable. You are not easily intimidated. You master any and all skills easily. You don't have to work hard for what you want. You make your life out to be exactly how you want it. And you'll knock down anyone who gets in your way! You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection. You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive. You have the classic "Type A" personality. You are wild, crazy, and a huge rebel. You're always up to something. You have a ton of energy, and most people can't handle you. You're very intense. You definitely are a handful, and you're likely to get in trouble. But your kind of trouble is a lot of fun. You are a free spirit, and you resent anyone who tries to fence you in. You are unpredictable, adventurous, and always a little surprising. You may miss out by not settling down, but you're too busy having fun to care.
What dog breed are you? I'm a Labrador Retriever! Find out at Dogster.com
You Are a Banana
You are mellow, easy going, and a total softie on the inside. People find it really easy to get along with you. You suit most tastes. And while you're very sweet, you're not boring or ordinary. You have an attraction to the exotic, and you could show up anywhere... doing almost anything! You are spirited, energetic, and a total kick to be around. You're also quite funny. Your sense of humor is on the goofy side, and it fits you well.

What Type Of Coffee Are You?

You are a Black Coffee
At your best, you are: low maintenance, friendly, and adaptable At your worst, you are: cheap and angsty You drink coffee when: you can get your hands on it Your caffeine addiction level: high

Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego? created with QuizFarm.com

You scored as Goofy,Your alter ego is Goofy! You are fun and great to be around, and you are always willing to help others. You arn't worried about embarrassing yourself, so you are one who is more willing to try new things.
Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego? created with QuizFarm.com