Coffee
1. What is your preference? Whole beans or ground?
Either works for me
2. What kind of coffees do you enjoy? A rich, bold roast; a light, fresh one, or something in between? Leaded or non? I'm not picky with types, rich, bold, med...but definitely has to be LEADED stuff..this body thrives on caffeine and has to have it :)
3. If you were headed out right now to buy some coffee for the house, what would you be picking up? Coffee for the house is Maxwell House Master blend, but we have a second coffee pot for the flavor ones my one son and I like to have.
4. Do you drink for caffeine, pleasure, or both? For the caffeine for sure but I do love the taste so guess that's both..lol
5. Do you enjoy flavored coffees? Definitely love the flavored coffees. Received some Ghirardelli coffee samples from a previous swap and I'm hooked on the Double choc, but haven't had a chance to try the Choc Carmel yet, but its next to try. I do love the Starbucks too. How about add-ins or flavored creamers? Hope no hurt feelings here, but creamers are for sissies, that just washes out the coffee flavor. Strictly Black with sugar for me. (real sugar, body thrives on it too)
6. A large, lovely mug or a small, dainty cup? Definite Big Mug, don't have one from last coffee swap as it broke in mailing.
7. Describe your perfect cup - not JUST the coffee, but how you'd enjoy it! Black with 2 tsp sugar and usually at my desk reading blogs or sitting outside with the dogs, just enjoying the coffee and fresh air or the good reading. Nothing special, just love the stuff and drink it all day long and up to bed time.
8. You're sitting down to enjoy a nice cup in the local coffee shop, knitting bag in hand, iPod all tuned up - or maybe you're there with a few friends for knit night! What treat do you pick up to enjoy with your coffee? A sweet, rich brownie, or something more healthy? How about a salty treat? What goes best with that great cup and company? Tough one there, I'm a chocoholic big time, but eating the sweets with coffee just makes things with sugar taste really bland and would have to go have a smoke (no fear, we do not smoke in our house). I'd be happy just enjoying the coffee with some good friends and chit chatting.
Yarn:
1. Do you knit or crochet? I'm a crocheter
2. What are your favorite types of yarns to work with? No favorite really, so many I still haven't gotten to work with. I love sock yarns, don't mind cottons at all, have wanted to try some I see other bloggers talk about like malabrigo, tufootsi, bamboo blend or silk blend of some kind.
3. What do you have on the needles (or hook!) right now? Lots of things..lol a sock on one, Stained Glass bag on another, a scarf that needs finishing, and working on a child's sweater and tea cozy..I think that's it until I start my felted slippers. I belong to the Year long Gift along so I have 5 projects needing done by the end of the month.
4. What are your favorite colors in yarns? I like purples for my kitchen, neutrals or Blue, Burgundy red and beige for the rest of the house, just about anything for socks, blues, teals, gray, black and variegated yarns you'd find me with also What about those that you'd never find in your stash? There would never be orange. I do have some orange that was given to me free and I only use it for Halloween stuff.
5. What sort of needles or hooks do you enjoy using? Standard old aluminum ones, haven't tried my Addi turbo hook yet Any you just detest? Not really, not yet anyways :)
6. Are there any particular notions you absolute do NOT need? Some of us swap a lot - are you sure that you have enough tape measures to last your lifetime? I could collect tape measures, I do have 2, a sheep and an Oreo cookie, but would love a choc chip too...lol I do have alot of bags and it helps to have the same stuff in them cause I always forget tape measure and scissors...I could use a pair of small scissors for my bags, I don't have but the one on my desktop in my tissue holder. Always seem to forget to grab em. Enough stitch markers to mark every stitch of a 10 foot wide afghan? Believe it or not I have NO stitch markers for crocheting, their all for knitting. I've only knitted about 3 dishcloths so really haven't gotten to use them. But with crocheting I wind up using a safety pin..lol Just haven't gotten around to making them for myself.
7. You walk into the yarn shop and have exactly and only enough money to purchase 2 skeins of yarn in their 2 for 20 special they have going..The choices are a soft, thick cotton/viscose blend in your favorite colors, slightly variegated..a beautiful sock yarn that's just squishy and springy in your hands.. a soft, worsted weight wool like malabrigo.. and a lovely bamboo blend with colors to just die for. Which do you walk out the door with? Sure they aren't having a Super Sale...lol Your describing yarns I haven't tried or seen or even felt. Maybe they have lay-a-way...lol
Spring
1. We're starting sign-ups on the first day of Spring - is it already truly Spring-like where you are? Well right now Vegas is on its roller coaster weather. It has been in the 70's and then a cold front comes and blows us away..lol Back to 70's again this week but cool by the weekend they say...Good thing I like roller coasters..only problem is when Spring is actually here and that's if we even get a spring it never last long and then the hot temps come in. Everything here is blooming and Roses actually never died off. They seem to bloom year round this year.
2. What's your favorite spring flower? Favorite Spring flowers are the bulb kind like, Hyacinth, crocus, daffodils, tulips..they all are so pretty and smell good. Do you have one? My all time favorites though are Carnations & Lilacs and those and the bulbs I do not have.
3. What do you most look forward to about springtime? Actually love this time of year out here, the temps are great and wish could be year round. This is my outside time, have lots in the gardening department to work on, plus need to replace a few outside ornaments. Just wish this time of year stayed longer before the summer months come.
4. They've predicted a gorgeous day tomorrow - Sunny and about 65 with a nice breeze - how do you spend your day? Outback with cup of coffee, doggies and possibly a project in the works. When the traffic is quiet its nice to just listen to the wind chimes blowing with the breeze. For change of pace I weed some or fix my yard decorations..
5. The day after, it's going to be cooler and pouring down rain - does that impact your mood? Rain, your kidding, we don't get rain ...lol How do you spend that day? If not blowing rain, you'll find me outback sitting under the patio cover watching it or out standing in it cause its been so long since we've had a decent rain. It usually just spits most the time whenever it does happen. What helps cheer you up? Most times I would say the cloudy weather gets to me some, I'm one of those that needs the sunshine, but usually sitting outside switches my moods, or listening to music, but alot of times just putting my mind on my projects or playing with the dogs does the trick.
Odds n Ends
1. Do you collect anything BESIDES yarn and needles? I do collect and love Angels (pretty ones), collect lighthouses, designed shaped candles or fancy candles, wind chimes and M & M & Coca- Cola stuff.
2. Are you allergic to anything? Desert Dust :)
3. Do you have pets? Yep, 2 dogs- Storm & Lady and 2 cats-Electra & Dyna
I do want to let you know that Storm is diabetic, something we found out after I quit work :(
4. Is this your first swap, or are you an old pro? Guess I would fall under old pro What are the last 2 swaps you participated in? Winter Doldrums dishcloth Swap & Hot Cocoa Swap
5. List 3 of your favorite blogs - craft related or not - and tell us why you love them.
Mind you I do have more then 3 that I read so I'm approaching this question alittle differently:
1. For my creativity, keeping me close to the beach and inspiration to knit would be Nancy, Chan & JoAnn to name a few. We also share alot in common too!
2. Keeping me up to date in blog land, whether it be swaps, contests, patterns or where to find something would be Anne & Michelle. We also share alot in common too!
3. For laughs or keeping up with ones with younger kiddies to keep this grandma up to date with what kids like now a days and of course new colors in hand spun fibers would be Jessi & Mama. If you want crack ups laughs please do visit Cass..sometimes reading her blog will have you laughing til you pee...lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
| Your Birthdate: June 9 |
![]() |
What Mary Means
| What Mary Means |
![]() |
| You Are a Banana |
![]() |
What Type Of Coffee Are You?
| You are a Black Coffee |
![]() |
![]() |
Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego? created with QuizFarm.com
| You scored as Goofy,Your alter ego is Goofy! You are fun and great to be around, and you are always willing to help others. You arn't worried about embarrassing yourself, so you are one who is more willing to try new things. |









3 comments:
You know, I never truly realized that you didn't knit much!
Hey there. I am you spoiler in the coffee swap and am really looking forward to getting to know you on your blog. I'll be in touch!
Happy Spring.
Love your Blog!
I love my coffee black too!
Post a Comment