Thursday, March 27, 2008

DoT- Lady meets Luigi

I wasn't sure I was even gonna have a post for today..not much goes on here lately since I'm back at work. The days I am home have been busy so I'm feeling a little guilty with my girls..
But on Tuesday night we had a visitor show up in the mail! (yes the mail).
Way back during the Knit1 T 2 swap, I met Roni (Devon's Mom) and she was telling me about Luigi, he is an exchange student who loves to travel. Well, he showed up on my doorstep in a big ole beat up box Tuesday night :) I've never seen a dog move so fast as to wanting to see what I had. I put Luigi on the sofa sitting him up on the pillow we use to keep some of the cushions hair free ( ha-ha), Lady went nuts, she kept trying to steel his hat & sunglasses. After all the sniffing when I tried to pick him up she would grab onto him..he was hers to guard...lol My picture isn't very good, you can see she was starting that part of her evil eye look, shutter took too long to click, but she was in Luigi's face. Definitely checking out this guy!
I tried a few times to pick Luigi back up, but Lady stood ready, so I let her rest a bit. I was gonna put the camera away and wait another day when Mike said she was sitting so pretty, so I took the chance and got this.
She is a leaner, but she was sitting pretty and guarding our new visitor :) I'm sure I'll have to be careful while Luigi visits here, but if he is sitting in reach I know he's got the best guard! Should be fun and interesting to say the least and I hope Luigi enjoys his visit with us, I know Lady will!

11 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

Maybe she thinks it's her mail-order boyfriend! :-p

Lapdog Creations said...

OMG, how funny is that! Too cute!!!

Natalie Rush said...

HEHEHEHE...that is too funny and too cute!! Hope you guys are doing great!!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is so funny! LOL!

dogquilter said...

Too funny! Wonder what she'll do when his visit is over??

Milly said...

she is so pretty!

jopal said...

What a pretty doggy! Luigi is kind of cute! It is easy to see why she likes him!

Anonymous said...

The second photo is a really good one of Lady.

Anita said...

Oh, that is just too funny! ha ha ha!!!

Holly said...

That is so funny. Lady is so beautiful and poised in her pictures.

The Knith Degree said...

We are so happy to see Luigi! He has been missing for MONTHS! Please tell Lady thank you for watching over him, we are so happy she is there, and now we won't worry. Give Luigi a hug and a kiss for us and with your permission, we will post the pics on your blog! Love, Roni
http://luigis-travels.blogspot.com/

Your Birthdate: June 9
You are a born idealist, with more pet causes than you can count. You prefer be around others, both when working and while relaxing. Generous and giving, you believe you can change the world one person at a time. You're open minded and tolerant. People feel like they can tell you anything. Your strength: Your go-with-the-flow flexibility Your weakness: Your flair for the over dramatic Your power color: Pine green Your power symbol: Circle Your power month: September

What Mary Means

What Mary Means
You are confident, self assured, and capable. You are not easily intimidated. You master any and all skills easily. You don't have to work hard for what you want. You make your life out to be exactly how you want it. And you'll knock down anyone who gets in your way! You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection. You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive. You have the classic "Type A" personality. You are wild, crazy, and a huge rebel. You're always up to something. You have a ton of energy, and most people can't handle you. You're very intense. You definitely are a handful, and you're likely to get in trouble. But your kind of trouble is a lot of fun. You are a free spirit, and you resent anyone who tries to fence you in. You are unpredictable, adventurous, and always a little surprising. You may miss out by not settling down, but you're too busy having fun to care.
What dog breed are you? I'm a Labrador Retriever! Find out at Dogster.com
You Are a Banana
You are mellow, easy going, and a total softie on the inside. People find it really easy to get along with you. You suit most tastes. And while you're very sweet, you're not boring or ordinary. You have an attraction to the exotic, and you could show up anywhere... doing almost anything! You are spirited, energetic, and a total kick to be around. You're also quite funny. Your sense of humor is on the goofy side, and it fits you well.

What Type Of Coffee Are You?

You are a Black Coffee
At your best, you are: low maintenance, friendly, and adaptable At your worst, you are: cheap and angsty You drink coffee when: you can get your hands on it Your caffeine addiction level: high

Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego? created with QuizFarm.com

You scored as Goofy,Your alter ego is Goofy! You are fun and great to be around, and you are always willing to help others. You arn't worried about embarrassing yourself, so you are one who is more willing to try new things.
Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego? created with QuizFarm.com