Now, a contest. I live near a college town, so this is a time of transition in so many ways. Still, it's hard not to feel the energy and hope shining off all of the graduates, and the students heading off on their summer adventures.
So, what gives you hope? Looking up at the star everynight gives me lots of hope. I'm also finding recently that some of my "new pals" are actually giving me more hope than they or myself even realize :)How do you recharge and get energized when you're feeling drained? I use to follow along with a Yoga video/CD I have, but its been along time since doing that, but I do find myself at times outback at night with the dogs that something happens..I wind up staring off either at the stars (and you can see millions of them out here) or staring off in the direction of my Angel statue and just somehow get a total different feeling, kinda hard to explain but it like a calming effect and that being outside I am one with my surroundings, even sometimes pettings the dogs gets me in a rethinking state of mind.And what is your favorite summer adventure, whether it's a memory or an item on your agenda for this year or both? I'd have to go with an Adventurous Memory here...lol It was May of 94 before Mike retired from the military. We took a road trip with some other H.O.G. members (neighbors) of ours. We usually would go to Washington DC for "Ride to the Wall" every year, but this one year some of us got tickets to see Willy Nelson up in Conneaut Lake, PA. So we loaded down our Harleys and rode, rode, rode...(we were in Chesapeake, Va at that time about 14 miles north of NC so it wasn't close by). I called it the Iron Butt Contest for some of us as we only stopped a couple times to give the butt rest, but we made it and camped out all Memorial Day weekend. We mostly stayed close to the campground, taking in some of the lazyiness and shade, but lucked out it was right across the street from the park where the concert was going to be and it just happen to be a theme park too...Yep, you guessed it, we rode rides most the day, most the weekend and had the time of our lives being kids again. We also walked around some of the shops, checked out the bike shows and even the local Harley dealer had "test drives new harleys" all weekend, which is where my oldest son spent all his time. (only time being a mom I didn't have to worry where he was and good thing my helmet fit him). We had lots of play time as the concert wasn't till Sunday. We have a video tape somewhere as we always had one in the group that made sure there were pcitures of some kind..lol We got burnt, we were tired, but it was the best Memorial Day weekend we all had in a long time. They still talk about it even now...thinking back always brings a smile to my face..we sure were a bunch of crazy people that holiday!
3 comments:
Mary,
What a fun story about your out of the ordinary trip northward. Our running camp (which is my summer memory) is in Northeast PA, so we make the drive every summer from Raleigh, NC to PA... beautiful in some parts... :-)
Wonderful memory there! Find that yoga CD, woman! ;) And see? Even with a busy week, I had to pop in and see what you wrote. Aren't new online friends great??
Loved the story..So where is the Dishcloth contest? I wanna join...
Post a Comment