The Entrelac after felting I noticed a hole, so I put it towards the back and hopefully will remember to fix it. :) I have no clue how it got there, wasn't there before, but hopefully won't be hard to fix. I will say that next time I make either of these bags, I will make them bigger. I'm really surprised they aren't smaller, but glad they aren't either..lol The Entrelac after felting is only roughly 9" H by 9 1/2" W. Unfortunately I do not have a prefelt size.
Next is a bag I was just playing around with while waiting for different swaps to start.. I now call it my "yuck" bag..lol only because of the mess I have
had using Noro. The pattern is from the picture of part of the book its laying on (up in the prefelt pic) called "Crochet Purses". I knew this baby wasn't gonna be to big after felting and almost thought I'd be giving it my grand-daughter,
but it really didn't shrink as much as I thought it would, but sure felted nice! I do need to shave it a bit I think and the size after felting is 9 1/2 " H x 12" W in the middle part of the bag. Again, silly me didn't measure before felting.... I really hope to redo both bags eventually, I do have other swaps going and a couple starting, but usually the more on my plate, the more I get done...lol Drop me a comment and let me know what you think, I really would love to have other opinions.
Next is a bag I was just playing around with while waiting for different swaps to start.. I now call it my "yuck" bag..lol only because of the mess I have
had using Noro. The pattern is from the picture of part of the book its laying on (up in the prefelt pic) called "Crochet Purses". I knew this baby wasn't gonna be to big after felting and almost thought I'd be giving it my grand-daughter,
but it really didn't shrink as much as I thought it would, but sure felted nice! I do need to shave it a bit I think and the size after felting is 9 1/2 " H x 12" W in the middle part of the bag. Again, silly me didn't measure before felting.... I really hope to redo both bags eventually, I do have other swaps going and a couple starting, but usually the more on my plate, the more I get done...lol Drop me a comment and let me know what you think, I really would love to have other opinions. Do hope everyone enjoys the rest of the Holiday Weekend! I know I am!









4 comments:
I think they're both lovely! What color number did you use of the Yuck? It looks like the colorway I loved so... I did my Chan bag in it, but I can't recall the number. However, your striping is much more defined than my was with either of the Yucks! LOL...
Hi Mary,
I also love both bags but am especially drawn to the Yuck bag, I think because it has an earthy rustic look. The things you dislike about the Yuck yarn are, I guess, some of the things I like about it. I actually like the thick & thinness (gives it a homespun look).
And yes, I did dip a toe in for you!
Great bags.. Love the entrelac bag one. My fav colors!
Hi Mary
they look great....funny that Noro is yuck for you. I love it, especially the silk..but having knit with it and being a crocheter as well I can see where the thin thick could be irritating. Wonderful finished items though.
Post a Comment