Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Finally Some FO's!

Well its been a long time coming with these projects. A couple projects I've been running out of yarn on and spent my time waiting for more to come in, which in waiting I made more projects..lol Trying to keep that hook flying along with catching up which seems to never end, both house wise and Internet wise...lol
First up is one I was waiting for yarn to come only to have to wait for ordering more as I ran out 2 rows shy of finishing. I give you The Magic Shrug.

Its a Lisa Gentry pattern and I actually used the yarn called for it, though I went through more yarn then the pattern stated :)

It is very roomy and nice and comfy warm. I used Moda Dea Sassy Stripes and colorway is "Swish". First time working with this yarn and I love it! Not one split and glides right through your fingers. This shrug will be great on the cool evenings sitting out with the dogs. I had a couple models at work, but no camera and then being home it was the opposite. I had camera but no models...guys weren't too crazy about that idea..lol
I just love Lisa's pattern, they are easy to follow, she uses pictures and shes a sweetheart to bug if you have questions.
I also got back into Hairpin Lace (via Lisa Gentry Ravelry Group). Gosh this is what I first learn watching my mom making Hairpin Lace Afghans. It only took a few minutes and I got into the groove of it again. I did another Lisa Gentry pattern from our group CAL.

Of course I just grabbed what was close by as I wasn't sure if I would get the knack of it again. Just gave me practice as I am in the process of doing Lisa's Hairpin Lace Top (ravelry link) I will be doing a couple of these as I'd like to try one in cotton. I have a bunch of Black & White cotton I'd like to use too.


In between all this I have been doing Peaches & Creme Group on ravelry, Friendship Scarf. A group of 4 and we each start our own scarf and do 2 rows and then pass to the next person on our list.
Here's Kim's scarf, which has 2 more stops yet, as I was the first to add to hers.




Here is Norma's scarf that will get mailed to Chris on Friday. Its been done and just waiting.


I haven't seen mine in awhile so I'm excited to see it. I do believe mine should be at its last stop before coming back home.

In all this crocheting going on I decided to make crochet Cupcakes for a couple Birthdays coming up quickly. Here is the one that will be going out first and I do have a yellow bottom one in the works, it just need the top icing part. I've decided to make these for my dept co-workers. They are alot easier, take up less room and work up quick. Its something they can leave on the desk at work and not be in the way.

I was going through some yarn and I came across some Lion Brand Incredible (ribbon yarn) and thought I'd try my luck at this. Its a cropped Jacket and I thought maybe for my DIL. This is what I have so far...
This is the right & left front pieces and then this is the back...
I have a few more rows to go yet on it and then I have the sleeves to do. It is definitely different crocheting with ribbon, but its alot of fun too.
So this is what I've been up too so far. Now I have to figure out my doggie post..lol So I guess I'll be back again tomorrow with that.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great evening!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been a very busy girl! Nice work hon!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Your needles must have been on fire lots of wonderful finished projects.The shrug looks so soft and cozy and the cupcake is so cute.(((((Hugs))))) Darcy

SissySees said...

Beautiful, one and all! Do you crochet in your sleep or something?

Bubblesknits said...

Wow! You've been crankin' them out, haven't you? :-) I can't wait to see a modeled pick of the shrug!

Sue said...

I've been looking forward to seeing some of your projects. You've been very busy. The cupcake is sweet and I want to see how the ribbon jacket turns out. It looks really interesting.

Anita said...

The shrug looks pretty, you should model it & let the guys take your picture! :)

What a great idea with the scarves, and they are looking really good.

Hugs!

Your Birthdate: June 9
You are a born idealist, with more pet causes than you can count. You prefer be around others, both when working and while relaxing. Generous and giving, you believe you can change the world one person at a time. You're open minded and tolerant. People feel like they can tell you anything. Your strength: Your go-with-the-flow flexibility Your weakness: Your flair for the over dramatic Your power color: Pine green Your power symbol: Circle Your power month: September

What Mary Means

What Mary Means
You are confident, self assured, and capable. You are not easily intimidated. You master any and all skills easily. You don't have to work hard for what you want. You make your life out to be exactly how you want it. And you'll knock down anyone who gets in your way! You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection. You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive. You have the classic "Type A" personality. You are wild, crazy, and a huge rebel. You're always up to something. You have a ton of energy, and most people can't handle you. You're very intense. You definitely are a handful, and you're likely to get in trouble. But your kind of trouble is a lot of fun. You are a free spirit, and you resent anyone who tries to fence you in. You are unpredictable, adventurous, and always a little surprising. You may miss out by not settling down, but you're too busy having fun to care.
What dog breed are you? I'm a Labrador Retriever! Find out at Dogster.com
You Are a Banana
You are mellow, easy going, and a total softie on the inside. People find it really easy to get along with you. You suit most tastes. And while you're very sweet, you're not boring or ordinary. You have an attraction to the exotic, and you could show up anywhere... doing almost anything! You are spirited, energetic, and a total kick to be around. You're also quite funny. Your sense of humor is on the goofy side, and it fits you well.

What Type Of Coffee Are You?

You are a Black Coffee
At your best, you are: low maintenance, friendly, and adaptable At your worst, you are: cheap and angsty You drink coffee when: you can get your hands on it Your caffeine addiction level: high

Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego? created with QuizFarm.com

You scored as Goofy,Your alter ego is Goofy! You are fun and great to be around, and you are always willing to help others. You arn't worried about embarrassing yourself, so you are one who is more willing to try new things.
Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego? created with QuizFarm.com