We recycle here at our house. Every time I go to the base I take my paper bags back with me and I also reuse the plastic bags. They come in handy when poo scooping..lol We also have been upgrading appliances too and with the extreme weather this summer, we have Styrofoam in most of our windows to keep the sun out. It has helped tremendously!
I love the market bags they are offering too. I wish I could knit one. But I have crocheted quite a few and just did another new pattern. It came out smaller then the other pattern I have used but would be great for fruits and smaller items. Here's the pic of it
Its called Go Green Market Bag and its a Suzetta pattern found here. I do plan to make a few more bags, especially to keep in the car and handy when I forget to bring them with. (Great idea Nancy, Thanks!)
Well off to go do the dinner thing...have a great evening everyone!









6 comments:
I have two beautiful dogs that make the world more beautiful!
The kids and I ride our bikes everywhere we can. We recycle clothes that we don't wear either to the goodwill or the rag bin. We quit using paper towels unless it's too disgusting to use a rag that will have to go in the washing machine. We use cloth napkins, green laundry soap, and cleaners. We have a collection of grocery store bags from all over that we use at the grocery store. I was hunting for a pattern for a crocheted market bag. Maybe I should've looked on ravelry?!
The market bags are a great idea! Jack and I reuse plastic bags for poo duty too! We also bought and energy star washer, dryer set. Saves just the two of us about twenty a month on the utilities! Next year it will be energy star window a/cs and after the house is bought, a tankless water heater. Just doing our part! LOL!
When I do my large grocery day the plastic bags I get are used for a lot of things around the house and when we go on vaction. I have also been known to crochet bags out of the bags and use those when I go to do my I need 2 things grocery trips. We are converting all of our light bulbs of eco friendly bulbs as they go out we replace them with the new ones. Our old clothes have been made into new things we either need or want. I have converted a lot into rugs and bags over the years. What fabric I don't want to work with we do donate.
I gave up my automobile 2 years ago this June, and have been using a bicycle for EVERYTHING since then. I'm also raising my son to know that you don't NEED a car to live a productive, fulfilling life.
I get more compliments on your market bags than you'll ever know. The ones I use at the grocery, one check out girl said to the bagger when I got in her line: "Oh, here is the gal with those great market bags! You can stuff it full it will stretch and won't break!" (maybe my arm will, but not the bag!)Only problem, I don't get many plastic bags anymore for cat litter scoops! The 3 I gave away were really appreciated too. I'm knitting one now, and I must say yours feel sturdier. Be proud, my friend!
Nice bags! And great job on using them! I use canvas now but my goal is to get a few knitted up. There are so many great patterns out there and I have cotton sitting here waiting to be used! Soon, I swear!
Post a Comment