Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Winter Wonderland Coffee Swap Questionaire

Coffee
What are your favorite kinds of coffee? (Brands, Roasts, anything at all you'd like to share!)
I’m usually a Maxwell House gal, NO DECAFE (it wires me up, I’m backwards yes and No folgers or espresso-tears the stomach up) ) I’ve only tried a few flavors and they are not too bad, especially like the chocolates and mints, but no nut or vanilla flavors..yuck! Different roasts are okay. Do drink StarBucks too, wish I could remember some of those names though. I do drink coffee all day long up until bedtime! Think I’m a coffee-oholic ?
Do you prefer whole bean or ground coffee? Usually ground for convenience but either is fine. I do have a coffee bean grinder thingie..lol
This time of year, there are often Holiday Blends available, and many flavored coffees - do you drink flavored coffee? Do you enjoy special blends? Only holiday blends I have tried are in Hot Cocoa or Starbucks but don’t recall names (they had at work when someone brought in for something different) so willing to try.
How do you take your coffee? Cream and Sugar? Straight up? Decaf?
Black with sugar –High test & NO DECAFE
Do you prefer drinking from a nice thick mug, or a matched cup and saucer? Mugs, funny saying mugs, mugs, BIG mugs
Winter and Holidays - PLEASE be descriptive! Your pal will need this information to be sure to put together a package you will enjoy!
What is your favorite part of Winter? Holidays, especially Christmas, people are more like regular human beings being like they should all be year round, Just the magic of it all! I’ve always been told I’m a dreamer, maybe I am and I still believe! Snow, glorious snow, never thought I’d miss it, I miss it lots, use to love to make snowangels cause then we would warm up with hot cocoa with marshmellows in it. I wa sa crazy mom when my boys were small, we did lots together. I love me some warm slippers, too or thick fuzzy socks, sweat pants and sweater time of year, just love it.
Do you celebrate a holiday in December, and if so, which holiday? Christmas, I LOVE Christmas! It’s my very favorite time of the year - I love the smells, the sights, the songs, the decorations, even the shopping(which I have most done); just everything. Most of all I’m with Anne in that one month a year, so many people are more focused on others than they are on themselves. That is “The Magic” to me and why I believe! I lost track of Hanukkah after FIL past away and MIL moved back to Jersey but we do put a Star of David on the tree near the top just below the angel, (was a cookie ornament but broke last year, hum think it was due to ms. Lady pup knocking tree over)
If you celebrate Christmas, do you put up a tree? Most definitely a tree, real if we can, love the smell of a real tree! My tree is always decorated with lots of lights, mostly all homemade ornaments and things the kids made when they were small, plus some new ones as Lady took a tasting to some the first year we got her...lol My tree top is an Angel. We also have The Polar Express (train set-up) that goes around our livingroom wall and all around our one village setup, etc. Also have other village set in center at eye view on top of TV & Mantel. We do put a Star of David on the tree for Mike’s side of the family, but he loves Christmas and is my worse kid…lol
Would you enjoy items related to the holiday, or would you prefer a Winter themed package? Either is okay, just not folksy/country type. I do like snowflakes & stars and love the glitz of silver & gold and the more burgundy red with the dark green colors. My kitchen will be getting transformed to my coca-cola/diner theme.(yes I finally decided a definite decision there..lol)
Do you collect anything? Are there any holiday or winter-themed items (Snowmen, Angels, Snoflakes, Santas, etc) that you collect? Oh wrong question…lol I collect Angels as I’m fascinated with them and it’s my given birth nickname (i was 17 when dads side of family found out my name was Mary), anything Polar Express (if we don’t already have it), think I have to add Santa’s to that too now (seems we get a new one every year) and I can’t forget the M&M & Coca-Cola stuff, they are always an every year thing!!
Do you wear scarves? Mittens? Hats? Not too often here in the desert..don’t get cold enough, gloves and hat maybe for those chilly mornings but no need for scarf here or winter coat..lol
What is your favorite holiday or winter treat? Big ol Mug filled with Cocoa with lots of marshmellows and a small candy cane hanging from the brim for that touch of mint, Candy that use to be called Chocolate Candy Straws. Love homemade choc chip cookies & fudge(which I make every year).
Please share a favorite Winter or Holiday memory. Only remember all the family gathering and then taking turns visiting everyone’s homes and tasting all the different goodies they made, seeing all the decorations around town and family members houses and most of all the last year spent with both my parents when they were alive. I could hours just sitting staring at the lights of a lit up Christmas tree :)
Yarn and Crafting
Do you Knit or Crochet? For how long? I’ve knit 4 dishcloths :) I’m more a crocheter for ummm long, long time..since grade school but really only got back into it big time in the last ol say 15 yrs or so, when I got inot making more than afghans.
Do you like wooden, metal, or plastic needles\hooks? Circular or straight? I’m finding out while teaching myself to knit I’m liking the bamboo needles, I do have a couple…crochet I’m good with the whatevers available, would like to get some more bamboo hooks though, I do have 1 or 2 and they are great.
What sort of projects do you enjoy making? I’m a self taught crocheter too, so if I can read the pattern and follow it I can say anything and everything…I love making stuff!
What are your favorite types of yarn to work with? This is a toughy, I don’t have access to a whole lot of the different namebrand yarns so I really enjoy different ones I get in swaps or order online if I knew what half of them were :) I’m easy with yarn and I do have plenty of sock yarn..lol I guess I don’t really have a favorite yet as I haven’t tried them all.
Do you spin or dye? Nope
Do you do other crafts such as scrapbooking or needlepoint or anything else? Me…hahaha you silly hostess :) you name it I’ve either tried it, did it or still do it, just need more time!
Scrapbook, macramé, work with wood stuff, cross stitch (but not as much with the ol eyeballs), crochet, sew, bake and try to garden..lol
and I'm sure thier still lots more..
General
When is your birthday? June 9
Do you have any children? (Furry kind count!) 3 boys-Tim 31, Rob 30 & Nick 28
Rob & Nick still live home, in fact Rob just moved back from OR. I have 2 grandkids- Tj-8 and Kalee going on 3, but they are up in Reno area. I do have 2 cats-Electra & Dyna and 2 dogs- Storm & Lady. (just recently found out Storm is diabetic)

What are your favorite colors? I tend to go more with bright & bold, like purples, teal, blues, black, browns/beiges, but I do like lots of colors and some I normally wouldn’t say I did, but definite no orange or rust. I wear a lot of jeans and black
Do you have any allergies? Only to the desert..lol

5 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

Oh man...I love my sweatshirts and sweatpants. LOL I'm sure the people on those "makeover" shows would have a stroke, but I'm a comfy kind of gal. ;-)

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That was a cute little meme1 Drink some coffee for me. i can't have it any more! :-(

Shawnee said...

You crazy swap queen! Sounds like a fun swap if you enjoy coffee. =)

Jane's Designs said...

All those swaps look like a lot of fun. That coffee swap is yummy looking, I do love my white chocolate mochas.

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. Hope your week goes great.

Jennifer

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

Hey Mary..go here :-)
http://www.thechocolatestore.com/pd-74-4-chocolate-straws-0-0.aspx

Your Birthdate: June 9
You are a born idealist, with more pet causes than you can count. You prefer be around others, both when working and while relaxing. Generous and giving, you believe you can change the world one person at a time. You're open minded and tolerant. People feel like they can tell you anything. Your strength: Your go-with-the-flow flexibility Your weakness: Your flair for the over dramatic Your power color: Pine green Your power symbol: Circle Your power month: September

What Mary Means

What Mary Means
You are confident, self assured, and capable. You are not easily intimidated. You master any and all skills easily. You don't have to work hard for what you want. You make your life out to be exactly how you want it. And you'll knock down anyone who gets in your way! You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection. You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive. You have the classic "Type A" personality. You are wild, crazy, and a huge rebel. You're always up to something. You have a ton of energy, and most people can't handle you. You're very intense. You definitely are a handful, and you're likely to get in trouble. But your kind of trouble is a lot of fun. You are a free spirit, and you resent anyone who tries to fence you in. You are unpredictable, adventurous, and always a little surprising. You may miss out by not settling down, but you're too busy having fun to care.
What dog breed are you? I'm a Labrador Retriever! Find out at Dogster.com
You Are a Banana
You are mellow, easy going, and a total softie on the inside. People find it really easy to get along with you. You suit most tastes. And while you're very sweet, you're not boring or ordinary. You have an attraction to the exotic, and you could show up anywhere... doing almost anything! You are spirited, energetic, and a total kick to be around. You're also quite funny. Your sense of humor is on the goofy side, and it fits you well.

What Type Of Coffee Are You?

You are a Black Coffee
At your best, you are: low maintenance, friendly, and adaptable At your worst, you are: cheap and angsty You drink coffee when: you can get your hands on it Your caffeine addiction level: high

Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego? created with QuizFarm.com

You scored as Goofy,Your alter ego is Goofy! You are fun and great to be around, and you are always willing to help others. You arn't worried about embarrassing yourself, so you are one who is more willing to try new things.
Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego? created with QuizFarm.com