Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Updates

Wow, thats the first weekend I wasn't able to post any updates, but I did try to catch up on some of my blog reads. Guess first thing is to let you all know Mike was in an accident while heading out to work Friday morning. He was on the Harley and the bike fared better then he did, but he is okay. He's got sore ribs, road rash knee, jammed left tumb and broken right ankle, but he's on good pain meds. In fact we just got home alittle earlier from getting the cast put on it finally. He's getting around alot better, but now we're battling his high blood pressure and unfortunately have to say coverage for everything...sucks when you can't use your VA benifits just because your not "old enough" to actually "retire" and because he makes too much with the real job he has so we can live, they won't see him. Even the base won't see him as we only have standard Tricare...lol Gotta love it :), anyways, we will figure it out, I have my insurance guy looking through back records to see if we ever actually had the UM coverage on the bike to cover him...not looking good, but we'll see, was suppose to have full coverage on her.

On other news my pals bag for the FFBE is alive and almost a bag. Know I didn't post much about the bag but spent quite a bit of time waiting for yarn to come in. Miss some contests on that part and then afraid to post colors as I thought she'd figure me out, so far I think I'm safe, I hope..lol
Heres a sneek peek of colors and man, this thing is hughe!!! But its got pretty colors!! First time working with a size 'M' hook for me. I do hope that the bag is ready by the weekend. I know I spent alot of time on this this last weekend trying to get it done. My pal knows its will be alittle late, though I'm shooting for getting it out by the 30th. Got the goodies, just need to finish the bag.

I'm also trying to work on Christmas items for my Etsy store. Hopefully will be able to put more up there soon. I just feel so behind at the moment, but I will get it going soon. Need to dig out that sewing machine and see if it still works..lol Was thinking of doing a survey on what people look for when their Etsy shopping..what'll think??? Might be an idea huh?
Well I'm gonna get back to work on my pals bag, God knows I have to work the rest of this week to make up the last 2 days I missed. Hope you all have a great rest of the week and I'll try to comment more when bloggin around :)

13 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm sorry to hear about Mike (and the Harley). I will keep both of you in my prayers!

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

OH MY! I'm sorry to read about Mike's accident! Sending out healing vibes for him. Damn...I hope everything will be OK. Love the colors of that bag, and your pal will too.
Sure...take a survey about Etsy. you can do it right on blogger.

Bubblesknits said...

Oh gosh! I'm so sorry to hear Mike was in an accident! I'll keep him in my prayers. Hugs to you both!

AllyB said...

Men and their toys...hope Mike will mend quickly and the financial part of the accident won't be a nightmare for you. Sending good thoughts your way. Love the purple/green combo on the bag. Can't wait to see it finished.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Oh I am so sorry about Mike! Glad he will be okay though but ouch that hurts! I will be praying for you guys!

SissySees said...

Keepin' those prayers headed your way...

Love the green yarn!

jopal said...

Hope your hubby is feelng better! Tell him to take it easy and try to get some rest - if he can get comfy!
We will be remembering him in our prayers!

Devonshire said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Mike! I'm glad to hear he is doing okay, despite the few scraps and bruises. I will send lots of speedy recovery thoughts his way.

Shawnee said...

Hugs and get well wishes to your house. Insurance is such a pain, best of luck.

Love the colors on that bag - adorable!

Holly said...

Oh Mary, sorry to hear about Mike's wreck. He is lucky guy. From what I have seen in my share of bike wrecks at the hospital. I can't wait to see the bag. I know all about catching up.

Jane's Designs said...

Thinking of you both and hope that Mike is feeling better. Road rash, ouch!! makes me hurt just to think about it.

I like the idea of the survey. Never hurts to hear what your potential customers are thinking.

Take it easy this week, love the bag your making. Can't wait to see it when your finished.

The Knith Degree said...

I am so sorry to hear of Mike's accident. I hope he is feeling better. Well, pretty soon Luigi will be there to cheer him up...Luigi is in South Carolina right now! Love, Roni

Kathleen said...

I hope Mike is feeling better and just want to say thank you. My package arrived today. What a surprise...Patty--my own swap pal. :) Awesome package. Did you make that cozy? Thank you so very, very much.

Your Birthdate: June 9
You are a born idealist, with more pet causes than you can count. You prefer be around others, both when working and while relaxing. Generous and giving, you believe you can change the world one person at a time. You're open minded and tolerant. People feel like they can tell you anything. Your strength: Your go-with-the-flow flexibility Your weakness: Your flair for the over dramatic Your power color: Pine green Your power symbol: Circle Your power month: September

What Mary Means

What Mary Means
You are confident, self assured, and capable. You are not easily intimidated. You master any and all skills easily. You don't have to work hard for what you want. You make your life out to be exactly how you want it. And you'll knock down anyone who gets in your way! You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection. You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive. You have the classic "Type A" personality. You are wild, crazy, and a huge rebel. You're always up to something. You have a ton of energy, and most people can't handle you. You're very intense. You definitely are a handful, and you're likely to get in trouble. But your kind of trouble is a lot of fun. You are a free spirit, and you resent anyone who tries to fence you in. You are unpredictable, adventurous, and always a little surprising. You may miss out by not settling down, but you're too busy having fun to care.
What dog breed are you? I'm a Labrador Retriever! Find out at Dogster.com
You Are a Banana
You are mellow, easy going, and a total softie on the inside. People find it really easy to get along with you. You suit most tastes. And while you're very sweet, you're not boring or ordinary. You have an attraction to the exotic, and you could show up anywhere... doing almost anything! You are spirited, energetic, and a total kick to be around. You're also quite funny. Your sense of humor is on the goofy side, and it fits you well.

What Type Of Coffee Are You?

You are a Black Coffee
At your best, you are: low maintenance, friendly, and adaptable At your worst, you are: cheap and angsty You drink coffee when: you can get your hands on it Your caffeine addiction level: high

Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego? created with QuizFarm.com

You scored as Goofy,Your alter ego is Goofy! You are fun and great to be around, and you are always willing to help others. You arn't worried about embarrassing yourself, so you are one who is more willing to try new things.
Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego? created with QuizFarm.com