Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Knit 1 Tea 2 Color Swap Questionnaire

1.) Do you like loose tea or bags, or both – something you want to try? I've only tried bags, but would love to try loose tea
2.) What is your favorite kind of tea (Brand, flavor, variety, etc)? I've only have tried Mint, Raspberry, Apple Cinnamon (lipton brands) but open to try new, would like to stay with caffeinated tea if possible. (I'm weird and decafe wires me up)
3.) Favorite color in regards to tea or one you would like to try? (black, green, red, and white) (keeping in mind that this is how this swap is set up). This one is hard to answer not having tried very many teas... Guess I'm open to variety..Is there a purple or chocolate tea?? lol
4.) Would you say you were a tea pot kind of person or just a hot water heater kind?Mostly hot water type, but am planning on buying a teapot real soon and hope to eventually get Mike & I mugs with strainers. I have nothing tea related..lol
5.) What tea accessories would you like but have never purchases for yourself? Probably any as I don't have any accessories for tea yet.
6.) How do you prefer to be pampered? (examples: mani/pedi, bubble bath, yummy treat, etc).

Pampered, whats that..lol I'm lucky to be able to sit in my recliner without a dog in my lap so I could drink or eat anything..lol Otherwise spending time outside with a drink of tea/coffee is good for soothing my soul :)
7.) If you were a kind of yarn what would you be and why? Would have to go with a Cotton blend that gives alittle... seems whatever life throw our way, we can stretch alittle to go with the flow and then bounce right back into shape.
8.) If you had to knit/crochet baby booties, a fun fur scarf, or a fair isle sweater, which would you choose and why? I'm gonna go with the Fair Isle Sweater only cause I love a challenge of seeing if I can do things. Otherwise smaller projects for during the week, makes me feel like I have accomplished something..lol
9.) What other event would make you skip a tea party? (A garden party? A book club meeting? A yoga class? Opening night for a new action thriller? etc?) I normally wouldn't miss the tea party or anything else that I had planned, but I could see a bowling getting in the way
if it lands on one of our league nights. (only a few weeks left, then only 1 night a week)
10.) What treat would you consider essential at your tea party? (Sweet? Salty? Scones? Those petite pastry trays with a couple of all sorts of things? Little crust less sandwiches?) Sweets or fruits and those little crustless sandwiches. I have never had a scone so I don't really know what they are..lol
11.) When buying yarn for a project how do you choose - do you buy the one called for or do you substitute? Depends on a project and then I'm one to try anything.. Ex: a bag pattern in cotton I want to make one using wool just to see how it'd come out..lol, but if the color catches my eye well then I try to get the exact thing or at least that color.
12.) What do you carry your knitting/crocheting in when on the go? One of my new totes/bags from my recent swaps. (the newest one, so roomy and pockets)
13.) Favorite movie to watch while knitting/crocheting? Music..lol can't watch a movie while crocheting, it messes up my count and my stitches get all off and I wind up having to frog the whole thing..lol Wouldn't dream of it with knitting just yet..lol
14.) Are you a traditional tea cup kind of person or a mug type of person? Do you care if they match? Mostly mugs (only some things have to match, but drinking cups or mugs no mater)
15.) Favorite childhood birthday party? The one that comes to mind is my 2nd B-day, remember the cake being a Circus Merry-go-round. Other memories are remembering my daddy playing tea (using water) with me in the evenings after supper while mom did dishes :)
16.) Favorite type of scone and jam? In all honestly I have never had a scone, really! Favorite Jam's are Pineapple, Peach, Raspberry or mostly any berries & I love Apple butter
17.) If you use candles, what is your favorite scent? The candles that smell like baked goods or citrus scents, Black Cherry & then Ocean scent if their is such a thing :)
18.) If you could choose 3 people to have 'tea' with, who would they be and why? (famous or not, living or dead). Top 2 would be my parents, I do miss them and 3 would be one of my husbands aunts, she was such a sweetheart and like another mom, miss her too.
19.) You've been invited to a tea party, what 'props' will you wear (formal or casual)? If formal I think I would splurge and get a hat (one of those victorian ones maybe) and fancy dress (yes I can dress up :)). If casual then you'd find me in some type of jeans (skirt or pants), nice shirt with sandels- unless barefootin is aloud :)
20.) Any allergies/preferences you have or are willing to admit to? Dust bothers me but thats about it (only out here in the desert).
21.) Anything we missed that you want your pal to know?
Just that I hope to learn alot from this swap about teas (caffiene please) and different ways of making it, different types of sweets & treats to have with it.... I love to bake when I have time...Want you to have fun and if you need any other info, don't be afraid to ask, I do :)

7 comments:

Devonshire said...

Love your yarn answer! I can't believe you have never had a scone. This must be fixed at once....they are delicious. Looking forward to this swap my fellow hostest.

Judy B said...

hey there I am trying to join this swap but for some reason I am not allowed to post on the site HELP ME!

jopal said...

SCONES ARE KIND OF A CROSS BETWEEN A COOKIE AND A BISCUIT. SOMETIMES A LITTLE DRY AND GO GREAT WITH TEA.
I HAVE SEEN CHOCOLATE SCONES BUT NOT CHOCOLATE TEA. I HAVE SEEN CHOCOLATE CHAI.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Very interesting answers dear!

Holly said...

There is Chocolate tea. I have seen chocolate hazelnut, Celestial Seasonings at my Walmart sells a Chai with Chocolate Caramel. Stash tea, website has quite a few chocolates or they did. Chocolate tea is very good.
Can't wait for this tea party!

Unknown said...

Yup, there are chocolate teas, babe! And brown is kinda' universal for tea anyway, right? Make it all about you and enjoy!

KnittyKatz said...

Now I wish I read your blog before I sent your yarn. No scones???? I am going to send you a recipe right away along with another treat. (This is not part of the swap...just think of it as a bonus!!!) Look for it soon. You can't go another day w/o a scone!

Your Birthdate: June 9
You are a born idealist, with more pet causes than you can count. You prefer be around others, both when working and while relaxing. Generous and giving, you believe you can change the world one person at a time. You're open minded and tolerant. People feel like they can tell you anything. Your strength: Your go-with-the-flow flexibility Your weakness: Your flair for the over dramatic Your power color: Pine green Your power symbol: Circle Your power month: September

What Mary Means

What Mary Means
You are confident, self assured, and capable. You are not easily intimidated. You master any and all skills easily. You don't have to work hard for what you want. You make your life out to be exactly how you want it. And you'll knock down anyone who gets in your way! You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection. You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive. You have the classic "Type A" personality. You are wild, crazy, and a huge rebel. You're always up to something. You have a ton of energy, and most people can't handle you. You're very intense. You definitely are a handful, and you're likely to get in trouble. But your kind of trouble is a lot of fun. You are a free spirit, and you resent anyone who tries to fence you in. You are unpredictable, adventurous, and always a little surprising. You may miss out by not settling down, but you're too busy having fun to care.
What dog breed are you? I'm a Labrador Retriever! Find out at Dogster.com
You Are a Banana
You are mellow, easy going, and a total softie on the inside. People find it really easy to get along with you. You suit most tastes. And while you're very sweet, you're not boring or ordinary. You have an attraction to the exotic, and you could show up anywhere... doing almost anything! You are spirited, energetic, and a total kick to be around. You're also quite funny. Your sense of humor is on the goofy side, and it fits you well.

What Type Of Coffee Are You?

You are a Black Coffee
At your best, you are: low maintenance, friendly, and adaptable At your worst, you are: cheap and angsty You drink coffee when: you can get your hands on it Your caffeine addiction level: high

Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego? created with QuizFarm.com

You scored as Goofy,Your alter ego is Goofy! You are fun and great to be around, and you are always willing to help others. You arn't worried about embarrassing yourself, so you are one who is more willing to try new things.
Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego? created with QuizFarm.com