When we were done running around getting things we kept forgetting, I did manage to get my Magic Yarn Ball Swap done up and will be mailing out early tomorrow morning to my partner, Laurie C. I'll take pics but not posting any till she has received it :) Round it is not..lol actually could've used alot more yarn but next time I know.

Then I started playing around with some beads as I'm in a Beaded Stitch Marker Swap, thought I could use the practice as I've never made them before..here's a pic of the ones I made up, sure they'll get better as I make more. I'm stumped though on all the photo's I see of these that they have a solid ring..how do you mark a stitch with a solid ring. I know in crochet when I need to mark a row that I'll be working in afterwards a solid ring wouldn't work, you'd have to cut it off or am I misunderstanding how they work? lol (yeah I know, questions, questions, questions) I've always been a questions person, use to drive my mom nuts...anyways here's a pic of mine and I use the spring clasp on them..whatcha think?? Can't wait to make another bead run supply trip..lol I think the straight head pin things I used are alittle big and stick out too much on the bottom, but this was practice and now I own a set of Beaded Stitch Markers, something I do not have. I love the colors in the beads, both are my favorite.
Well I'm off to go see what I can start crocheting..need a new project till I find out who my partners are in my other swaps. Please leave me a comment and let me know whatcha think of my stitch markers, want to know if I'm doing them right, no sense making more if their not done right and maybe someone can tell my what type of rings they use for the marking part (top part)..Thanks in advance and hope you have a great weekend!!









4 comments:
1) I got my new ID on Tuesday---no wait at the ID office. How lucky was I?!
2) I have those same blue beads!! Pretty!!
Those beads are so pretty! i just love them!
Those are gorgeous!
I've had the same question re: solid rings. I love the way you made yours, though. :)
Your stitch markers are beautiful!
You left a comment on my lilacs..
thank you. I WILL smell them for you. I'm looking forward to the older one blooming in May/June.
I live in Point Pleasant, which is central jersey shore, as you prob. know.
Post a Comment