Monday, November 17, 2008

Almost Ready to Board!

Gosh, its been so long since I've posted regularly, except for the couple doggie post I try to get done in time, I forget where to start..lol
I'm glad to say that its almost Boarding time for the Polar Express. Guys still need to finish up the bridge yet, but all the village is done..here's the proof...just cause I know blogger won't put them side by side, I'll say that this first pic with mountain is the corner left side of fireplace..train go through the mountain and will come out onto the bridge section which isn't done yet...lol
Then we have across the fireplace, which the train will run behind..
Then we have the last corner on right side of fireplace..
My son, Rob say this corner needs more tree's..lol I laugh cause the word "tree's" is a giggling word at our place lately and if you don't tell him, I will say I'm likely to agree with him, as it definitely looks alot barer compare to the other parts. :) but Mums the word..
I'll post the last wall once they get the bridge done cause that other wall and corner is where the train gets into the elf part of Polar Express. Got to say we have alot crammed into just the two wall, but considering its a lot lower so you can see it a whole lot better, we had to downsize to just 2 walls instead of the three it use to be. I do wish we could find more elves though, but that will just be something we'll keep buying when we see them. I know Mike will be doing a video tape and I'm sure he'll put it into a U-tube type form, so if I can figure out how to put that in blogger, I'll definitely share our Polar Express! Now you see why I've been so Christmasy lately!
Now that the major part of all this is done, (my part) I might get some crocheting done. I've gotten a couple items done though. I did 2 more Market bags
This yellow one was for Nancy and this other one which we're not sure what the exact color is, so we call it mauvey. Kind of a mauvey brownish color, but it worked up pretty. I've been doing more candy cane covers and finished up another swap. Now I just have my Doggie Secret Swap which I'm excited about. My girls love mail...lol
Well I have some hot cocoa waiting on me, just thought I post a quick few pictures of what we've been up too lately.
Hope you all have a great Tuesday!!

8 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

Holy cow! That's quite a village you've got there. :-) I can't wait to see it in action.

SissySees said...

Yes! Action shots, please!

I love the market bag you made for me. I carry it to fiber festivals and everyone admires it. Thank you!

km said...

That is so fun. Please don't say it's all coming down right after Christmas!

I've been on a market bag kick too. I've finished 2 and the 3rd is about 1/2 way. I just need to photo and then post about them.

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

How festive is your train set-up!
I love my market bags, all of them!

Sue said...

I agree about the trees. You can never have too many trees. It's a beautiful village.

Mindy said...

I didn't know there was a "Polar Express" village! I would love to see that video. I have a village for "It's A Wonderful Life" that I put up every year at Christmas, and I just got a new building for my birthday so I am looking forward to doing that.

I tagged you on my blog today. If you have time/want to do it, see my post on "Tagged: page 56."

Paula said...

oh yes you must post action shots!

I am debating if I am going to put up the christmas village this year and the nativity, beacause of the cats.
especially after last year when one of them took off with the baby Jesus and hid him behind the couch!

Anita said...

Your village is wonderful!!

And I just love the market bags! Very pretty.

Your Birthdate: June 9
You are a born idealist, with more pet causes than you can count. You prefer be around others, both when working and while relaxing. Generous and giving, you believe you can change the world one person at a time. You're open minded and tolerant. People feel like they can tell you anything. Your strength: Your go-with-the-flow flexibility Your weakness: Your flair for the over dramatic Your power color: Pine green Your power symbol: Circle Your power month: September

What Mary Means

What Mary Means
You are confident, self assured, and capable. You are not easily intimidated. You master any and all skills easily. You don't have to work hard for what you want. You make your life out to be exactly how you want it. And you'll knock down anyone who gets in your way! You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection. You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive. You have the classic "Type A" personality. You are wild, crazy, and a huge rebel. You're always up to something. You have a ton of energy, and most people can't handle you. You're very intense. You definitely are a handful, and you're likely to get in trouble. But your kind of trouble is a lot of fun. You are a free spirit, and you resent anyone who tries to fence you in. You are unpredictable, adventurous, and always a little surprising. You may miss out by not settling down, but you're too busy having fun to care.
What dog breed are you? I'm a Labrador Retriever! Find out at Dogster.com
You Are a Banana
You are mellow, easy going, and a total softie on the inside. People find it really easy to get along with you. You suit most tastes. And while you're very sweet, you're not boring or ordinary. You have an attraction to the exotic, and you could show up anywhere... doing almost anything! You are spirited, energetic, and a total kick to be around. You're also quite funny. Your sense of humor is on the goofy side, and it fits you well.

What Type Of Coffee Are You?

You are a Black Coffee
At your best, you are: low maintenance, friendly, and adaptable At your worst, you are: cheap and angsty You drink coffee when: you can get your hands on it Your caffeine addiction level: high

Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego? created with QuizFarm.com

You scored as Goofy,Your alter ego is Goofy! You are fun and great to be around, and you are always willing to help others. You arn't worried about embarrassing yourself, so you are one who is more willing to try new things.
Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego? created with QuizFarm.com